The factory of the future is no longer just a project. Within the workplace, tools and workstations communicate on a continual basis. Machines, systems and products exchange information, between themselves as well as externally.
The aim is to give more flexibility, intelligence and energy savings to production tools, in order to meet industry’s needs.
COVAL accompanies its customers during this transformation thanks to its mechatronics expertise applied to vacuum handling. Commercializing the LEMCOM, communicating vacuum pump on field bus, proves this. It’s a world first!
LEMCOM is the most successful demonstration of a vacuum pump’s mechatronic design. It is designed to meet integrator as well as user expectations, in terms of flexibility, safety, productivity and energy savings.
LEMCOM installs very effective communication at distance between the operator and the vacuum pump. This communication makes it possible to receive information in real time, but above all to act at any moment to change settings, to ensure corrective and preventive maintenance of the vacuum pump.
The LEMCOM affirms its continuity with the other COVAL intelligent vacuum pumps. It integrates the COVAL energy savings technologies, ASR (Air Saving Regulator) and ASC (Air Saving Control), making it possible to attain up to 90% energy savings.
The new communication functions, with its near and distant environment, enable the LEMCOM to go even further in terms of performance, simplicity and energy savings.
- The master module is a fully-integrated pump: no gateways or other interfaces are necessary.
- 2 integrated communication ports: perfect continuity on field bus.
- Innovative cabling structure provides great configuration flexibility: stand-alone, island or customized. The aim is to be able to position the mini vacuum pumps as close as possible to the suction cups to reduce evacuation time and thus reduce cycle time and energy consumption.
- Simplified PLC configuration: EDS file, Add-On Instructions.
- In addition, 2 cables are enough to supply and manage 1 to 16 LEMCOM modules.
A technology validated by industrial leaders
As with the range of new COVAL products, the LEMCOM series was co-developped with partner customers, be they OEMs, integrators or users.
COVAL’s aim is twofold: propose products that best meet the expectations of different industries and to ensure, at the time of marketing, a perfectly operational and reliable solution.
Already recognised and awarded prizes
Based on this very positive feedback, the LEMCOM series has already convinced mechatronic experts, as well as the manufacturers themselves. Outcome: the LEMCOM Series won two awards in 2015:
- At the MECHATRONICS AWARDS 2015 organized by Thésame et Artema
- 2015 Winner of the Peripheral Equipment category of the Packaging Innovation Prize, organized in France by the G.I.S.I. company
Gripping airtight materials in the automobile, aeronautical and plastics sectors.
This is what makes the difference
Easy to install:
- Choose between LEMCOM EtherNet/IPTM and CANopen® bus
- Up to 15 modules controlled by only one master module
- IP65 / standard M8 connection
- Dedicated COVAL bus between master and secondary
- Full settings and diagnosis at distance
- Embedded web server
- EtherNet switch
Maximum automatic energy savings thanks to integrated technologies:
- ASR: 40% savings for porous pieces
- ASC: 90 % savings for airtight pieces