What is De Gouden Noot?
Organized by the NVC Netherlands Packaging Centre, De Gouden Noot is the world most competitive innovation contest, with no categories. It aims to stimulate "holistic" innovations in packaging and packaged products while seeking to enrich their international reputation through their research around packaging.
The jury's selection
The selection takes place in two times :
- In the first round, the jury selects 10 of the 40 maximum participants in the running: the finalists.
- In the second round, the jury members elect the innovations that wan the Bronzen Award (bronze), the Zilveren Prize (silver) and the De Gouden Noot Prize (gold). It is during this round that the selected participants will have the opportunity to present their innovations in front of the jury.
The De Gouden Noot prize winner will be announced on the occasion of the awards ceremony that will take place at the A'DAM Tower in Amsterdam, on Thursday 22 November 2018 by Francesca Vanthielen, master of ceremony.
The 10 contest finalists
- AcuDropII by Verhoeven Ontwerpburo
- Arcwise packaging by Brohl Wellpappe
- Combo Excelsior by Schoeller Allibert
- CRTESS CAP by Mullackal Polymers
- E-commerce Ready Detergent Packaging by Henkel
- Hot2Home Fry Cup by Plato Product Consultants
- Persistalert by Ecobliss
- Seepje by FLEX/design
- Smart IoT Drum Pallet by Ahrma Group
- Stackpack by Zalpak & Straatman