Which is the major subject you are currently focusing on?
KIEFEL launches its new generation of automatic thermoforming machines. The first models concerned are KMD64.2, KMD78.2 and KTR5.2.
- KMD64.2, forming area 620x470 mm
- KMD78.2, forming area 760x580mm
- KTR5.2, forming area 775x380mm
These machines have a KMI2.0 interface for ease of use, optimisation of settings, maintenance and production supervision.
Production parameters can be supervised from a PC, in particular with remotely pre-programmed manufacturing orders.
The machines have also been made quieter and more stable at high speed (50 punches per minute) by redesigning the drive of the stations.
In parallel with the machine evolutions, KIEFEL offers a new Speedheater KVH95 preheater for films up to 2.5 mm thick, as well as 2 Speedgrinder KSG90-400 and 90-600 mills with a capacity of up to 750 kg/hour.
What is your strategy to answer the increasing demand from both the industries and the consumers, in terms of sustainable development / eco-design ?
KIEFEL has several approaches, detailed in the programme "YES WE CARE":
- Improving the multi-material versatility of our machines which are natively capable of processing many plastics including bio-plastics.
- Working with our customers on the design of their products to ensure the same functionality using less plastic.
- Helping our customers switch to recyclable / recycled materials by guaranteeing a high level of quality of thermoformed products and the highest production capacity
- Supporting the development of bio-plastics and biodegradable plastics, to test new formulations in our laboratory.
- Integrating into thermoforming machines (KIEFEL or others) in-line crushing devices for thermoforming residues to enable their immediate (return to in-line extruder) or deferred recycling (off-line extruder or sale as raw material for regeneration).
Why did you choose to take part in ALL4PACK 2020 ? / Which kind of decision makers do you meet there ?
We are taking part in ALL4PACK for several reasons:
- To welcome our customers,
- To present our range of products and services to our customers and prospects,
- To view market trends (competition, materials, design),
- We meet with decision-makers (site manager, production manager, technical management, R&D management) and also users (production technicians, maintenance, design office).