Share your creativity with Jérémy / Distribution / e-commerce
KEY MARKET FIGURES FOR DISTRIBUTION / E-COMMERCE
Retail trade in stores in Europe in 2017 (Source: GfK study on key retail indicators: 2017 review and 2018 forecast)
- Turnover: €2.560 trillion (+1.8% compared to 2016)
In-store retail trade in France in 2015 (Source: Direction Générale des Entreprises, 2017 edition)
- Turnover: €430.5 billion, of which more than 49% for food
- 2.033 million employees, 46.1% of whom work in the food sector
- 519,400 companies, 24.4% of which are food companies.
B2C e-commerce in Europe in 2017 (Source: Estimates Ecommerce Europe, E.commerce Foundation)
- Turnover: €472.65 billion (+14% compared to 2016). 25.64% of global e-commerce behind Asia Pacific (47.48%) and ahead of North America (24.86%).
- The three main markets are the United Kingdom, Germany and France.
- More than 800,000 online stores in Europe, including more than 175,000 in Germany, 108,000 in the United Kingdom and 82,000 in the Netherlands.
E-commerce in France in 2017 (Source: Fevad)
- Turnover: €81.7 billion (+14.3% compared to 2016). 8.5% of retail trade with more than 505 million parcels shipped (+10.5% compared to 2016)
- Jobs: 49,000 jobs created in 2017 and 56,000 are expected to be created in 2018
- 182,000 active merchant sites
- 62% of the leading sites sell internationally and 51% of e-merchants VSE/SME
AMONG EXHIBITORS IN DISTRIBUTION / E-COMMERCE SECTOR:
Actemium / ALSTEF / Alvey Samovie / ASTI MOBILE ROBOTICS / BA SYSTÈMES / CSi palletising / DS AUTOMOTION / EMMETI S.p.A. / Festo / GRENZEBACH / INTERROL / KONGSKILDE / MARCEAU / MECTRA / NEOPOST SHIPPING / Novopac / OMS / QIMAROX B.V. / SFRM / SOCO SYSTEM SA / TECADIS SYSTEMS / ULMA Handling Systems. List up to 12 June 2018
Source: Annette Freidinger-Legay, International Packaging Expert & Consultant for the ALL4PACK Paris trade show.